Kelly Singleton biography:
Kelly Singleton creates paintings that reflect her love for wildlife and the places they inhabit. Her paintings are the result of many hours spent observing and photographing wildlife, followed by many more hours behind her easel striving to breathe life into her subjects.
Born and raised in Maryland, Singleton has held a life-long passion for art and nature. Her talent was recognized and encouraged early on. She received her formal education from the Maryland Institute College of Art where she graduated with a BFA in illustration. She has furthered her training by taking workshops with artists she admires.
Singleton makes frequent trips into local and national parks of the western United States to observe and photograph wildlife. These trips fuel inspiration for new work. The artist feels the best part of being a wildlife painter is the fieldwork. She hopes that her excitement for the natural world shines through in her art and that it also conveys the importance of preserving nature.
She is a Signature Member of the Society of Animal Artists and has won several of their awards. Noteworthy exhibitions include: Birds in Art, Art and the Animal, Small Works Great Wonders, Night of Artists, American Art in Miniature,The Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art, The Bosque Classic, and Art of the Animal Kingdom.
Singleton and her husband, Jimmy currently reside in Colorado.
Click on images to enlarge.
“Out For The Evening”
Oil 12″ x 16″
See additional information about “Out For The Evening”.
• Fourth Place: Art Competition.net Animal Life 2018 International Fine Art Competition – 2018
• Volunteers’ Choice Award: Small Works, Great Wonders, National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – 2018
• Best In Show: Richeson 75 Online Animals, Birds and Wildlife – 2017• Award of Excellence: Fall National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) International Online Exhibition – 2015
• Honorable Mention: Art Competition.net Animals Wild or Domestic 2 – 2015
• Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine Editor’s Choice Award: Society of Animal Artists 55th Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition – 2015
• Award of Excellence: Society of Animal Artists 55th Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition – 2015
• John Stanley Hoffman Memorial Award: Kentucky National Wildlife Art Exhibition – 2014
• First Place Water Media: Scottsdale Artists’ School Best & Brightest Juried Fine Art Show – 2013
• President’s Award: Society of Animal Artists 52nd Annual Art and the Animal Exhibition – 2012
• Best Head Portrait: American Academy of Equine Art Fall Open Juried Exhibition – 2012
• Best in Show: Richeson 75 Animals, Birds and Wildlife – 2011
• First Place Water Media: Irving Arts Association 10th Annual Wildlife Art Exhibit – 2011
• Merit Award: Maryland Pastel Society Shades of Pastel Exhibition – 2011
• Honorable Mention: Watercolor Artist Magazine, Water Media Showcase Competition – 2011
• Merit Award: 17th International Miniature Art Show, Seaside Art Gallery, Nags Head, NC – 2008
• Don Eckelberry Scholarship Award from the Society of Animal Artists – 2007
• Haller Distinguished Young Artist Award from the Society of Animal Artists – 2006
Interested in this painting, call us 800-958-5360 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't miss the newest gallery arrivals.
Sign up to receive our no more than once a week bulletins.
Be the first to see the latest fine art as soon as it's available to you!
See it First!
Receive notifications from America's online art gallery when the latest works from top artists are available.